Joe Satriani vs Coldplay

Artists of the Tristano School

Joe Satriani vs Coldplay

Postby keith » Mon Dec 08, 2008 12:35 pm

Satriani sues Coldplay for copyright infringement and many commenters on the thread point out that a 1973 Cat Stevens recording contains the same melody.

This story reminds me of a quote attributed to Lennie;

If Charlie Parker wanted to invoke plagiarism laws, he could sue almost everybody who's made a record in the last ten years. - Lennie Tristano

Do all of the musical ideas possible exist and are they just waiting for someone to discover them and stake their claim? Or are there infinite combinations? Have there been cases of truly parallel developments of melody? Does the consequence of copyright law encourage all artists to put out as much material as possible, without regard to quality, to improve their chances of snaring that killer melody that everyone wants to license? And offset their chance of being sued for infringement themselves?

Sucks to have to be so careful of your every note.

Time to go out and patent that peanut butter and jelly sandwich.

Re: Joe Satriani vs Coldplay

Postby imvu23 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:46 pm

I prefer Coldplay over joe satraini and the reason is hymn song beside it in recent time I am totally in love with psn code generator tool which as capacity to let you take free psn codes unused and this is happening in broad way.

Return to “Artists”