TRISTANO PIANO METHOD

Theories and practices of the Tristano School

MIKE

TRISTANO PIANO METHOD

Postby MIKE » Sat Aug 21, 2004 4:15 pm

HELP! I'M AN OLD SALSA PIANO PLAYER LOOKING TO FIND THE FOLLOWING:

TRISTANO PIANO METHOD BOOKS
A TEACHER IN THE LONG ISLAND, N.Y. AREA

ALTHOUGH SOPHISTICATEDLY MATURE(JOKE) AND ARTHRITIC, I BELIEVE HIS EXERCISES CAN HELP ME. I WAS FORTUNATE TO FIND A COPY OF HOW HE PRACTICED SOME SCALES AND THERE HAS BEEN AN IMPROVEMENT.

I WOULD APPRECIATE WHATEVER HELP I CAN GET.

PerLundin

Postby PerLundin » Fri Nov 05, 2004 8:22 pm

Hello,

Well, I think you can easily find OTHER exercises for the piano in almost whatever musicstore. Have you tried the Hanon book? It's a good book filled with lots of exercises, all in a methodical manner.

Greetings

pughimag

Lenny Tristano Methods

Postby pughimag » Wed Nov 16, 2005 11:00 pm

There is a book that is a complete method for teaching that has been written by Ed Paolantonio, a pupil of Lenny Tristano. It's entitled "My Years with Lenny Tristano". It can be found here: http://home.att.net/~pughimag/ed/order_from_ed.htm

Disciple2

Re: TRISTANO PIANO METHOD

Postby Disciple2 » Mon Dec 26, 2005 1:58 pm

MIKE wrote:HELP! I'M AN OLD SALSA PIANO PLAYER LOOKING TO FIND THE FOLLOWING:

TRISTANO PIANO METHOD BOOKS
A TEACHER IN THE LONG ISLAND, N.Y. AREA

ALTHOUGH SOPHISTICATEDLY MATURE(JOKE) AND ARTHRITIC, I BELIEVE HIS EXERCISES CAN HELP ME. I WAS FORTUNATE TO FIND A COPY OF HOW HE PRACTICED SOME SCALES AND THERE HAS BEEN AN IMPROVEMENT.

I WOULD APPRECIATE WHATEVER HELP I CAN GET.

Mike, If you're still around, and still looking for a jazz improvisation teacher that's very familiar with Lennie's methods (being a long time student of his, and having transcribed hundreds of his recordings), here I am. You can always contact me at:

Virtuosic1@aol.com

Oddly enough, and most people don't realize this, but Franz Liszt utilized systems of one to five finger scales in his teaching over 170 years ago!
A downloadable MP3 file containing some short examples of my jazz improvising (Accompaniament on Fender Rhodes, lead lines on Acoustic piano):

http://d.turboupload.com/d/229801/R1_0001.MP3.html

BulaMusliyevich

Postby BulaMusliyevich » Wed Nov 05, 2014 3:33 am

The truly outstanding system for knowledge how to play real jazz using a large "vocabulary" of chords, melodies, rhythms and scales will inspire budding jazz pianists. Entitled "My Years with Lenny Tristano", A method for teaching - Piano Improvisation, this book offers a prepared, regimented approach that guarantees success if followed authentically. Only three major requirements are desirable to complete this method and become a great improviser - first, the craving and self discipline to do all the work in the order that it is obtainable in the book; second, spend an equal amount of time on all four categories; third, to have faith, patience and understanding that progress will be slow, but steady.

shapatan

Postby shapatan » Thu Apr 23, 2015 10:54 pm

Mike, If you're still around, and still looking for a jazz improvisation teacher that's very familiar with Lennie's methods (being a long time student of his, and having transcribed hundreds of his recordings), here I am. You can always contact me at: ????

andrekylgin

Postby andrekylgin » Thu May 21, 2015 3:15 am

I totally agree that if it's that difficult to find the exercises you want, you can search for something different. When I was looking for the best research paper writing services, I discovered the one where I least expected to see it.

brianshipley

Postby brianshipley » Thu Jun 11, 2015 3:16 am

If you are looking for good exercise then it is better to go through with this resource you can get better help from here. I always use this site for help.

Charlessroyal

Postby Charlessroyal » Thu Mar 24, 2016 4:30 am

You can find so TRISTANO PIANO METHOD BOOKS in the online shopping sites. I think this is the best way for getting your stuffs.

Lenna

Postby Lenna » Thu Aug 04, 2016 4:02 am

Have you tried the Hanon book?
192.168.l.2

Return to “Theory and Practice”