Visit from Stockholm

General Discussion

Visit from Stockholm

Postby schonning » Fri Jan 19, 2007 12:35 pm

I'm a Tristano fan from Stockholm visiting NYC for a couple of days. I'm out for as much material with Tristano I can bring on the plane back:-)

Especially, I'm looking for a CD / DVD with a concert recorded in Copenhagen by the danish television. I know that someone (maybe Carol Tristano) have released it recently i the states. I'm also Intrested in a radioconcert recorded by the Swedish radio the same year (will look for it in the archieves back in Stockholm, too)

I´m also interesed in meeting people who met Tristano. (I'm 27 so all I know is some of the fantastic music). I tried to visit 317 east 32nd street yesterday, but the adress was long gone.

I will of course pay for any released material. Any unreleased material will ONLY be enjoyed in private use.

Best regards

Oskar Schönning

Postby jostber » Mon Feb 12, 2007 7:00 am

The Copenhagen CD and DVD should be easily available here: ... UTF8&s=dvd ... F8&s=music ... F8&s=music

What's more hard to get is material recorded in Berlin and Milan(Heart Note LP) in the mid 60's.

Some fine stuff on You Tube too from the 60's, among them a Copenhagen clip: ... rch=Search

- Jostein

Return to “Lennie Tristano”