searching for Tristano's transcriptions

Trade, sell, swap recordings
Doctor Jellyfish

searching for Tristano's transcriptions

Postby Doctor Jellyfish » Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:07 am

Hi everybody,
I'm collecting Lennie Tristano's transcriptions, if you have made some I would like to see them and add to my Lennie Tristano discography (see my post in the general discussion forum).
thanks

eldarkhanovomar

Re: searching for Tristano's transcriptions

Postby eldarkhanovomar » Fri Sep 26, 2014 4:55 am

In general the three part process involves at first saturated listening to the chosen solo with the first goal being to sing along in scat fashion. A student should arrive at the point that with or without the recording playing he can reasonably sing the solo. Next is the time consuming process of writing out and playing the solo. In some cases, depending upon the proposed solo and individual skills of the student, the exact sequence of events can be changed accordingly, meaning learning the solo first on the instrument followed by notation. Aside from the obvious technical rewards of having to carefully and accurately notate the specifics of rhythm and pitch, I have the student write out the solo so that it can be analyzed and used for further study.

Doctor Jellyfish

Postby Doctor Jellyfish » Fri Oct 03, 2014 1:04 pm

Sure! Me too, I do this way. But it could be useful to check our transcriptions and compare them with others.

BulaMusliyevich

Postby BulaMusliyevich » Wed Nov 05, 2014 3:53 am

“Line Up” is 32 bar progression based on the chord progression to “All Of Me”. the song is off of a recording called Lennie Tristano which is part of a twofer CD with THE NEW TRISTANO . “Line Up” is comprised of 7 choruses of some really personal and inventive melodic lines. Tristano doesn’t play an opening melody; after resting for 8 bars, letting the rhythm section do its thing (the rhythm track was pre-recorded; rumor has it that Tristano’s lines were recorded at half speed. the piano sound has been altered, nevertheless…) he dives headlong into his improvisation. what strikes me most strongly about this solo, aside from his extraordinary technique and clean articulation, is his wide of use rhythmically displaced phrases. A best essay writing service site can help you for more information. They will provide you detailed descriptions.

zeeshan123

Postby zeeshan123 » Wed Dec 31, 2014 10:44 am

It sometimes pops up on the internet jazz record dealer sites. With some patience, you should be able to find it. There is so little of the great mans music avalible. But, on the bright side, there´s a ton of Warne Marsh. Warne is very consistent and I can´t even think of a so-so Warne Marsh record. Much of the seventies stuff if on an amazing level. My current favorite is his playing on the second volume of the Montmartre live stuff with Lee (out on Storyville).

William2789

Postby William2789 » Mon Dec 26, 2016 12:36 am

hey nice post!!! thanks for sharing this awesome post.
showbox apk download

Return to “Trading”